Thursday 17 January 2008

Missed The Last Bus...

...I realise that's no excuse for being late in my blogging, avid readers and for that I am sorry!

Actually, come to think of it, I haven't any avid readers really. I should probably set about finding some.

So, last time I wrote, a musician was giving me Giant Question Mark Above Head Syndrome and...actually, yeah that seems to be about it. I'm glad I actually got a life recently.

My embarrassing schoolgirl crush on said musician was extinguished like a raging inferno when I found out some particularly incriminating news about him. Shortly after my last post, I befriended a rather lovely bloke (we're still very good friends now) and, without naming names, told him of the musician fandango. Said friend replied with "I bet I know who it is."

"Well," I replied "I don't want to say anything, because I don't know how many people you know that I know." What I really meant was that I was sure he would know, since my friend works in music promotion.

"Put it this way, I know ----- is a complete wanker to girls...and guys for that matter."

Turns out musician uses this wounded puppy act (it's fucking irresistable) to lure people into bed...and obviously I fell for it. Slut with a capital 'S', so he is.

However, every cloud has a silver lining as they say, because my informant then went on to tell me that the exact same thing had happened to one of his best friends and said that the two of us should meet up and "compare notes", which we did. It is through these two new friends that I made a whole host of new friends and met my boyfriend! Oh yes, readers, you heard it here first (unless you know me and you're reading this, of course)!

His name is Tom and he truly is rather lovely, both physically and personality-wise and it's been over a month since we got together with nothing going wrong! I don't want this to turn into an 'OMG I luff ma bf sooo much!!!111' type blog, so I'll just say I couldn't be happier right now.

On other news, I am eagerly awaiting offers from various universities to study English. So far, I've been given a conditional offer from Sheffield, but I'm truly holding out for Manchester or Leeds. Watch this space for more details.

You can also expect this blog to take on some weird 'Diary Of A Socialite' sort of form (though with no ghostwriters and less grammatical errors), as since the age of the first legal pint came to pass in October, I have been hitting the tiles more and more. Hence many a drunken antic to be recounted and mystery bruises to weep over. If that doesn't get me some avid readers this year...well, I'll just have to try harder.

1 comment:

Nina said...

I think I'll become an avid reader, Mo. Though I am going to hear it all first hand before I read it! Can't work out how you subscribe to things, hmmm...xx